Thursday, March 15, 2007

SXSW Update 1

SXSW is beyond fun!!!!

The registration process is a little mental and took over an hour for us to get our badges. Fellow blogger Susan gave us a quick brief tour of the area and showed us the best places to park. Can not thank her enough for that!!!!!

First on our agenda was Pete Townshend's Keynote address. Sully updated you all on Rachel's blog so I wont repeat it. I will say it was wonderful and went by in seconds despite being well over an hour. He was charming and funny and I could have listened to him all night long!!!

Next Cathy with a C and I went to the Austin Music Awards -- excellent place for us fun freaks to hang, lol. The award part itself was fairly boring but they had great artists performing. The evening was highlighted by Mac playing with Pete Townshend. Can you say incredible? The Bump band played too and each and everyone of those performers looked like they were having a blast. I know I was!!!! It seemed to be over again in seconds.

Joe Purdy was next on our dream list. I have seen him twice at In The Attic - Martyrs in Chicago and most recently at Hotel Cafe in LA. I like his work very folky. Tonight was all about rocking out. WOW WOW WOW. He and his band just rocked the house down. I could not believe it was the same artist!!!! Same songs but totally kicked up. I did end up purchasing his CDs. He will be playing at In The Attic again tomorrow night.

After Purdy we saw Ari Hest. He is a New Yorker!!! It is just him and his acoustic guitar. The voice on that man. :::::swoon:::::: It was just wonderfully romantic at times, yet so sad and haunting singing anti-war songs.

Okay I have been up for nearly 24 hours so I will say good night and post another update tomorrow.

xox

6 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Ok...

Rubbing salt inthe wounds? Sounds like a blast. More details as the days pass.

Enjoy,

B

1:33 AM

 
Blogger Chris Capp said...

Great post, Colleen! Thanks for keeping us all updated and letting us enjoy it all vicariously!

Hope you continue to have a blast!

- Chris

1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen. Sounds like you're having a great time in Austin. Joe Purdy rocking the place??? Doesn't sound like the man we saw in LA. Keep your blog up to date if you can please. Want to know what I'm missing.

Jim from London

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Dave from Pennsylvania said...

Oh I wish I was there but I was up to four am already once this week....no, not drinking with any body guards but getting my office work done.....Who-vation was demanding....

Hope you get into the Attic tonight.

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Ronzi said...

Very cool dear Colleen.... so glad to see the updates. Wish I could be there.

Enjoy it for me

L- Ronzi

9:53 PM

 
Blogger Kim C said...

Hey Colleen
thanks for the fantastic update!
looking forward to hearing more,
so glad you are all having such a
fabulous time, how could you not?
wish I was there too! Kim C.

11:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home