Sunday, November 12, 2006

Broke the rules and had fun


After nearly a decade I finally let LauraBZ "drag" (LOL) me to Ratdog.

I should have done it a loooooooong time ago! She said I would know a song or two as they play mostly Grateful Dead stuff. Of course I didn't know a thing they played as I only know about five Dead songs and not the most popular ones at that! But it didn't matter -- just let the music fill your soul! I danced and danced and danced from the first note until the last.

They were truly great and the sax player is definitely wonderful to look at. (next to Bobby of course ;) )

I had such a great time I am now trying to figure out how to spend next week in Florida.

7 Comments:

Blogger hn said...

I've never had the opportunity to see Rat Dog, but they are on the "must see" list, since I missed my chance to the Grateful Dead. Glad you had a great time! Have a great day!

2:53 PM

 
Blogger LaurLaur said...

it was an awesome show in a great venue, wasn't it?! Eyes of The World! Stella Blue! Terrapin Station!

9:21 PM

 
Blogger colleen m said...

Do you actually think I know what song was what? LOL

Eyes of The World and Terrapin Station I do think I paid enough attention too to recognize again. I am not sure about Stella Blue!

I need to get the show at archive and listen about 50x ;)

9:31 PM

 
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Colleen,
I'm sending you an email.....I was at Neiman's on Saturday morning...probably walked right past each other.....David Yurman, was there too!!

-sue

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

You two (Laura and Colleen) crack me up! What to keep the childhoods real!

I am sending you Lyricsgirl's email and info as I KNOW you both have tons in common (besides being my good friends) and especially Neimans! How sad we actually admit how much we love and spend time and money there. How shallow! ROFL!!

xx-Mols

12:01 AM

 
Blogger colleen m said...

Peace, Love and Prada ;)

2:29 AM

 
Blogger Metalchick said...

I don't know too many Grateful Dead songs either, but it sound like it was a fun show!

Speaking of shows, I just found out that The Who are coming to San Diego! I am definately planning on going to that show! Maybe I'll get another chance to meet Pete!

11:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home