Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lions and Tigers and BEARS!!!!

I live in the heart of black bear country. Never a problem with my street or house though until last night. THREE BIG bears came for a visit.

Played with my kids toys in the yard, climbed up to the deck on the second story and seemed to enjoy their stay here until they went on their way downt he street.

Not to sure how I feel about this. I know it is because we keep building in their dens, yet *I* become a mama bear when I think of them around my children.

Hopefully it is a one time visit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Colleen,
I'm glad that nobody got hurt, bears can be dangerous, especially mother bears with cubs!

Hope you're doing alright.

Take care.

10:05 PM

 
Blogger Ronzi said...

..but I'll tell you something for nothing, there ain't no bears in there, cache cache ;-)

hope all is well.. l- ronzi

9:25 PM

 
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Oh no Colleen, I hope you are right that it's a one time occurrence!

But I think that the animals are getting forced to come into the cities to look for food. :(
It is happening quite a bit here, too.
Actually, I saw this on an episode of Six feet under,recently- I recognized it as being based on true events up in L.A. -bears
and animals of all sorts are attacking people more.:(

9:53 PM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

Holy crap...

True though. We humanoids complain about other species coming around to visit when we have actually moved onto their turf.

Reminds me of the Wolf that decided to spend a few days enjoying eluding capture in Central Park a while back.

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home