Thursday, March 29, 2007

Joe's Pub yet again

Last night I went to Joe's Pub for the 4th time in 6 months. Only this time I was not seeing Rachel Fuller and In The Attic Jam!

Playing were Foy Vance and Sarah Tracey. I went specially to see Foy. He is wonderful!!! But I got to say its such a different scene from ITA!!!! First the place was half empty! The vibe was also much more casual and relaxed. That said I missed Rachel!

Foy though was FAB!!!!! He played for about 45 minutes. He talked about doing ITA at Joes in Sept. I think I was the only one who knew what he was talking about ;) lol He did Crosstown Traffic again.I could listen to him do that song over and over. He also talked a lot more and it was nice to see his personality. I wish he was the headliner because I felt like I did not have enough yk?

Sarah Tracey was good. Very strong voice -- belts it right out. Kinda bluesy. Plays piano and acoustic guitar. Even though I liked her she played for too long for me. Her stuff is a lot of the same and I was ready for her to be done. I guess she played for about 45 minutes too. 30 would have been better! lol

I have to say Joe's is a great resource for shows! They really have
some good people and is reasonable. Parking and tunnel tolls are more
;) I need to keep my eye on their calendar!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy with a C said...

Wish I could have gone. I really like Foy and I like Joe's. But I would have come home to find the kids gone - my going to two concerts in one week is enough for them! Especially after SXSW! Guess I'll have to say no to joining that band - they'd really flip out!

10:54 PM

 
Blogger purple said...

I'm envious Colleen. It's great that you live in a place that has so many great things to do. Hey, I went to see Johnny Winter in a small bar here in London. Different music than Foy for sure but really good blues. Got some more pictures for the collection.

9:58 AM

 
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Nice write up!

7:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home