Friday, April 20, 2007

Weekend Assignment #161

What's the longest amount of time you've been away from home on a trip? By "trip" I mean things like a journey taken for pleasure (a vacation, cruise) or for business (business training, conventions, workshops, facilities tours) and things of that nature. Things that I would not classify as a "trip" for this assignment would be something like a military assignment or a long-term work posting, or going away for college. All of those will certainly keep you from home for a while, but they're of a different nature than when you're living out of a suitcase (or backpack, or whatever).

The longest amount of time I have ever been away from home is in August 1992 when I drove to the Grand Canyon and back with my cousin Michele. I go down the shore for long stretches at a day but some how always fimnd myself coming home for a day here and there so that doesnt truly count!

Extra Credit: What's the furthest you've been away from home?

California. Not sure what part of California is actually the furtherest from me. I do know Mill Valley is 2,892 miles. In addition to the North Bay area, I have also been to Santa Monica and LA. I am going back to LA and San Diego in July.



STINTON BEACH

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy with a C said...

My longest time away was about 3 weeks when I went to Europe for a work trip. I added some vacation time to the trip (4 days) spending two days in London and two days in Hamburg. That may have been my longest-distance trip as well. We were in Sweden a few miles from the Artic Circle for a few days.

Cathy xox

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Bryan said...

Hard to say. But do summers when I was kid spent with my father count? Conneticut, West Virginia (land of boob jobs and Tiara's as my dad would say) and then Kansas City Missouri. And thats pronounced Mizzoora by the locals.

Extra Credit...

Israel just before all hell broke loose. Visited both Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem.

The city that prays and the city that plays.

10:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen! You are coming to LA in July? Look us up. . .we had so much fun hanging out with you after the Attic show!

12:28 PM

 
Blogger Bri said...

Hi Colleen, I found you on Rachel's blog and came to give you a virtual hug...your daughter's anniversary date is something I understand, because I had a son who died in 1997 and I have to face that anniversary date every January. Ten years now, and some of those dates have been excruciating while others seem almost peaceful. Odd.

But anyway, my heart goes out to you.

I have spent a lot of time in Mill Valley and Muir Beach. Love it that you mentioned MV and showed Stinson Beach here.

Hugs,
Brina

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home