Monday, August 14, 2006

Ego trip

I volunteered to sort books for the library book sale again today. I think I am getting much more out of it then they are.

The amount of books donated is incredible. Talk about pushing the river! I never saw so many John Grisham or Nora Roberts books in one place in my life.

I got a bag of books for $2. They wanted to give it to me for free but hey this is a fundraiser so I paid. I got authors of my choosing -- Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Willa Cather, (I **heart** Southern Lit can you tell?) and Gertrude Stein.

I got to say working with people who not only appreciate my master's in English lit but are impressed by it is great for one's ego! I think I'll go back tomorrow. LOL

Off to bang out the five stories I should have been working on instead of sorting books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home